OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

blank journal main page?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

blank journal main page?

Postby Cornelius » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:13 am

Hey community,

I'm trying to figure out why my journal main page (/index.php/myjournal/index) is blank, instead of showing the current issue. I have an installation with multiple journals and there are no errors that I'm aware of. Thanks in advance! :-)

Best,

Cornelius Puschmann

eLanguage.net developer
http://lsadc.org/info/pubs-elang-rfp.cfm
Cornelius

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:50 am

Hi Cornelius,

Try setting your php.ini display_errors option to E_ALL; usually a blank page indicates a PHP error message is being sent to a log file somewhere. Alternately, you can add the line:
Code: Select all
ini_set('display_errors', E_ALL);
...to the top of index.php (making sure it's not in a comment).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby Cornelius » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:01 am

Thanks for the response, Alec, and sorry for the belated reply. I realized just now that my original message was rather unclear. What I meant was that the page renders correctly, but that there's no welcoming message or anything of that sort for the main journal page. It just shows the title of the journal with a blank space below that. The navigation panel and the footer are both showing, so I doubt it's some kind of parse error. Thanks in advance for the support!
Cornelius

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:38 am

Hi Cornelius,

Check your journal setup, page 5; you can add the current issue's table of contents and configure homepage content in HTML there. Are those not behaving as expected?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support