OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Press Editor necessary?

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Press Editor necessary?

Postby carola » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 am

Hi,

is it necessary to have a press editor for the submission workflow?

When I don't have any press managers (and thus no press manager can be automatically assigned), I can assign a series editor who can select internal and external reviewers. But the press manager still has the task "A new monograph has been submitted to which an editor needs to be assigned."

When I have press managers and thus one of them is automatically assigned, I can remove this one and the series editor can select internal and external reviewers AND the task for the press manager is gone.

So I guess I don't need a press editor, but the pending task for the press manager or removing automatically assigned press editors is still disturbing.

best,
Carola
carola

Re: Press Editor necessary?

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Carola,

A Press Editor assignment is generally required because it provides OMP with a user it knows is responsible for the submission. Otherwise there will be situations where OMP expects to email an editorial user about a submission status change or something similar and there will be no clear user account to address the message to.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support