OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

More Author Metadata

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

More Author Metadata

Postby jalperin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:57 pm

Hello All,

I don't know if this is something that others are also interested in, but it seems to me that the author metadata that is currently in OJS is very limited. Especially true for the Corresponding Author (for whom most journals have a mailing address, but OJS has only an email address).

At the very minimum, I think it would be useful to store the author's credentials (degrees).

I may find myself forced to code this for the upcoming jmir.org migration to OJS2 (we want to be sure to display this information alongside the abstract). Am I alone in wanting this? Is this planned for later versions of OJS? Was it a design choice to keep author metadata at a minimum?

Would there be interest in this being extended for all of OJS? What fields are of interest? For JMIR, i will be adding degrees and multiple affiliations for all authors and a couple of address liines and phone/fax numbers for the corresponding author.
jalperin

Return to OJS Development