OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem Updating MySql to 2.1.1

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem Updating MySql to 2.1.1

Postby Inna » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:19 am

Hi,

We are trying to update OJS from 2.0.0.0 to 2.1.1.0. After installing 2.1.1 code part and running “php tools/upgrade.php checkâ€
Inna

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:25 am

Hi Inna,

Could you temporarily enable MySQL logging in your database configuration file (my.cnf) and find out what query is causing the error message? Post it here (there shouldn't be any private information in it) and I'll see if I can determine what the problem is.

What version of MySQL are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby Inna » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:20 am

Hi Alec,
Thank you for your help.
The version of MySql is 14.12 Distrib 5.0.20a, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.0
Now the setuation has changed. I was trying to update for a while, then desided to start over. So, I restored my htdocs (root of ojs), data dir, and database. However, now with db 2.0.0.0 and code 2.1.1.0 I am getting the following:

php tools/upgrade.php check
-----
(mysql): SET NAMES 'utf8'
-----
-----
(mysql): SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = 'TinyMCEPlugin' AND journal_id = '0'
-----
1146: Table 'ojstest.plugin_settings' doesn't exist
ADOConnection._Execute(SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = 'TinyMCEPlugin' AND journal_id = '0')% line 839, file: /apps/apache2/htdocs/2.1/htdocs/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = ? AND journal_id = ?, Array[2])% line 62, file: /apps/apache2/htdocs/2.1/htdocs/classes/db/DAO.inc.php
DAO.retrieve(SELECT setting_name, setting_value, setting_type FROM plugin_settings WHERE plugin_name = ? AND journal_id = ?, Array[2])% line 79, file: /apps/apache2/htdocs/2.1/htdocs/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php
PluginSettingsDAO.getPluginSettings(0, TinyMCEPlugin)% line 59, file: /apps/apache2/htdocs/2.1/htdocs/classes/plugins/PluginSettingsDAO.inc.php
PluginSettingsDAO._cacheMiss(Object:FileCache, enabled)% line 0, file:
<h1>DB Error: Table 'ojstest.plugin_settings' doesn't exist</h1>OJS: DB Error: Table 'ojstest.plugin_settings' doesn't exist

Seems that it expects to find 2.1.1 db ...
Thank you,
Inna
Inna

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi Inna,

Try changing "Installed" to "Off" in the config.inc.php configuration file before attempting the upgrade; this should correct the error message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby Inna » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Hi Alec,
Thank you, it worked!!!
Now I am confused.
When I was trying to upgrade it this morning I most likely had Installed set to On, since I was getting different kind of error.
The only difference between my attempts to upgrade this morning and now was that now I was upgrading system, which was for sure not in use by anybody… I was upgrading it at my backup location with database set to my backup database. Is it possible that my previous attempts failed because somebody was looking at the journals online at the time I was trying to upgrade? Does it make any sense?
Thank you again for your help.
Inna
Inna

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Inna,

I'm afraid it's difficult to guess what happened during the first upgrade without more details, but I don't think it's likely that simultaneous usage caused the upgrade error. In any case, glad to hear the upgrade worked. If you're able to scare up any more details on the original error, please post them here.

Are both MySQL installations using the same version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Inna » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:33 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you for all your help. It seems to work fine now and I don't have more error messages. MySQL was the same as well as all codes and db files...
I guess, I will just be happy it works.
Regards,
Inna
Inna

Return to OJS Technical Support