OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Install plugin manually

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Install plugin manually

Postby cristianviza » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 am

I knew it's a stupid question, but I really don't know where command for install plugins. is and don't know where to command for install plugin.
I need install a plugion for importexport. I decompress .zip in the /plugin/importExport and after I execute "php tools/upgrade.php upgrade", but after that I see this display in my ojs : http://www.subimelafoto.com.ar/visualizer.php?url=456image.png.
what is wrong ?
Thank a lot of. Cristian . Argentina
cristianviza

Re: Install plugin manually

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Cristian,

The procedure you're following should work fine; the alternative is to use the web-based interface to upload and install the plugin. In any case, the plugin may be installed correctly; the problem you're seeing should have more information in the server's error logs. It might be a version mismatch between your installation of OJS and the plugin, or something similar.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby fivos » Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 am

Hi everybody,

i have implemented a generic plugin. During it's installation it creates a table in the OJS database.

In OJS-2.4.3 the table is created during the installation.

In OJS-2.3.7 the table is not created during the installation and i have to run the command: php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
in order to be the table created.

Why could this happen?

Thank you in advance
fivos

Postby asmecher » Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am

Hi fivos,

Is there any particular reason you're also targeting OJS 2.3.7? That's a pretty old release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby fivos » Thu May 29, 2014 2:28 am

Hi Alec,

Indeed it's an old release. The reason is that i am implementing the plugin for the Library & Information Center of the University of Patras and they have installed the OJS-2.3.7 version in their server.
fivos

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:02 am

Hi fivos,

I'm hesitant to spend too much time debugging an old release; your work-around of running the upgrade script is probably the best way to go.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Development