OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Top 5 Feature Requests?

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

Top 5 Feature Requests?

Postby tshore » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I understand that the PKP developers may be devoting a little time to OCS right now. These are my top 5 feature requests. I thought that other users might also want to give theirs.

1. Proper handling and linking of multi-paper presentations/symposia (ie. as in OCS 1.x) including how they are displayed both in the conference schedule and the presentations page. (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4835#p20363)
  2. Allow multiple payment methods (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2478#p10547)
  3. Allow users to see their registration/provide a receipt (see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5941)
  4. More flexibility in scheduler (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6110)
  5. Show and group by presentation type on presentations and schedule pages (see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4835#p20363)
  6. Allow sponsor logos to be uploaded and optionally display sponsors on front page. (see http://www.imrf.info/2008/)
  7. Use currency symbols instead of abbreviations (see viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5807)

Oops, that was 7. Although, to be fair #1 and #5 have some overlap.

I can provide access to my code to assist with these requests (where I've done my own modifications in the past), but it is difficult for me to find every file that was touched for each item.
tshore

Re: Top 5 Feature Requests?

Postby bluebear » Tue May 27, 2014 3:48 am

Nice list. In my opinion number 2 is the most important.
bluebear

Postby tshore » Tue May 27, 2014 6:58 am

I wouldn't hold your breath. OCS is barely on the radar as far as the PKP's priorities go.
tshore

Postby asmecher » Tue May 27, 2014 7:42 am

Hi all,

We do have a release of OCS coming up in the near future -- see the general milestones page on the wiki. It's primarily a maintenance release but does include a few new features that have cropped up since the last release (e.g. session types added to reports).

Trudy, if you have code for some of your local modifications, would you consider putting together a pull request via github.com?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Development