OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

VIEW COUNTER IS NOT WORKING

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Re: VIEW COUNTER IS NOT WORKING

Postby JerryRice » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:02 am

We are also experiencing this problem. I will do the suggested fix method and report back. Ever since upgrading to 2.3.1 our article views count is not counting (but our abstracts are).
JerryRice

Postby lubos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 am

We had the same problem for more then a year - fortunately I've found this thread and disabling XML galleys plugin solved the problem (though we won't get missed hits counts anymore..).

Thnanks!
Lubos
lubos

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi folks,

We've had a few more reports of this being a problem; there's actually an older, still-open bug at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6780 that addresses this. I'll see if I can have a fix available before too long.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby sttis » Sun May 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi,

I've just been able to replicate this problem on OJS 2.4.2 (heavy with customisations). It was also fixed by disabling the XML Galley Plugin. Yay!

+1 for the bug fix :)

Thanks,
Suzy
sttis

Previous

Return to OJS Development