OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reports/queries

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Reports/queries

Postby Liz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:21 pm

I wonder if it is possible to add report or query functions to OJS, specifically in order to track the number of submissions in a given year, the acceptance rate percentage and turn around time from submission to making decisions.

In addition, it would be extremely useful for us to be able to view additional information about reviewers (entered by the journal manager or editors), specifically their review term expiration.

Thanks!

Liz
Liz

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:33 pm

Hello Liz,

A statistics and reporting facility is planned for the next release, which will be OJS 2.1; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=977 for details.

We expect to begin testing OJS 2.1 early in the new year.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmecher

follow up: reports

Postby Liz » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi Alec,

What's the status on the new reporting facility/the new release? We are just about ready to begin using OJS live, and would love to begin with accurate data.

Thanks for your help!

Liz Jackson
Liz

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi Liz,

OJS 2.1 will be released extremely soon. (We were planning to release on Feb 1, but it looks like a localization update might set us back a short time.) Feel free to begin with OJS 2.0.2-1, as it's already tracking all of the required information; when you upgrade to OJS 2.1, you can start generating reports against it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Re: Reports/queries

Postby Carla » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:10 am

Hi Alec,

I understand this is an old post but I wasn't able to find another one.

I was looking to stats & reports page, as journal manager and I was looking to exract data as acceptance/rejection rate, submission date, rejection rate and so far but I couldn't find any useful report.

Is it possible to extract those data?

Thank you

Carla
Carla

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:35 am

Hi Carla,

On the main Stats & Reports page there are some general statistics, including the number of submissions accepted vs. rejected. Submission-specific statistics are implemented in a series of reports, e.g. the Articles report, depending on what data you're looking for there. Submission date currently isn't included but would make a logical addition.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Carla » Thu May 08, 2014 5:50 am

Thank you Alec,
I am copying this morning post about editors performance, I think I posted on a wrong page. Sorry...

Carla

Editors' performance report

Postby Carla » Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 am

Hello,

I would like to exrtact editors' performance data, I mean something like: how many accepted/denied articles, how long did it take to them to manage them, etc.

I cannot find a plugin to do it, can you help me?

Thank you

Carla

Carla
Carla

Postby Carla » Thu May 08, 2014 6:34 am

I mean... as you might extract data for rewievers, because you can read assigned and completed date, does something similar for editors exist?

When assigning a new submission to an editor I can see how many submission they completed and the active ones, how can I get assignment date and editorial decision?

Thank you for helping me

Carla
Carla

Postby asmecher » Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Carla,

I've answered your post here; please don't double-post questions, as it clutters the forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Carla » Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am

Thank you, and sorry for double posting.

Carla
Carla

Return to OJS Development