OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

New user needs Brain-food

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

New user needs Brain-food

Postby Torsten Wagner » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:03 am

Hello everyone,

as a new user of the pkp system I search informations, about the system. Manuals, How-to-dos', Workaround etc.

Is there any information avaidable.

Many thanks

Torsten

CC. What I have seems up to know look very good. I hope I can use it soon. a lot of features which I thought about to implement them by myself are included. However, how flexible is the system for possible changings.

HOWEVER, A NICE PIECE OF SOFTWARE !!!! compliment
Torsten Wagner

Postby PrincessFiona » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:12 am

Torsten,

I think the system is amenable to changes. It is also so easy to install and get running. There are other systems out there that are way too complicated to work with.

I was able to alter my index page to create the style that I wanted with no problem at all. I am also working on a couple of pages to add to the files.

I'll be interested in hearing if there is a manual too.

kris
PrincessFiona

Postby kevin » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:21 pm

There isn't a manual to my knowledge, but you can try contacting John Willinsky at the email address listed on http://pkp.ubc.ca/ojs/. I'm not certain, but he may have some introductory documents on the processes and functionality of the system.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion