I have this problem too. But in both directions
- the reviewer on the reviewer selection page shows 0 active reviews, but when I log into their account I can see they have active reviews in progress OR the active count is more than zero, but the reviewer actually doesn't have any active reviews. So the ACTIVE count shows something completely different from the actual active reviews.
I've checked for the http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8407
, but this is fixed in the 2.4.3 version that we are using.
Also the DONE column contains wrong numbers, eg. for a reviewer with 5 archived reviews the Done column shows 3. Actually, for that particular reviewer, the number of papers reviewed is 3, but for two papers the reviewer was involved in two rounds, and for the last paper the review was not submitted.
When I checked other reviewers which have an active count of 1 in the reviewers table it turned out that none of them have an active review in progress, but they have an unfinished (unsubmitted) review in the Archive section. But these should not count in the Active number of reviews.
Then, for another random reviewer, all the data is correct. DONE column shows 8 reviews, which is the actual number of reviews submitted, but three of them were for the second round, so the paper count is only 5 (in contrast to the reviewer above, where the DONE count apparently showed number of papers). Plus, this random reviewer has one unfinished review in the Archive section, but in this case the ACTIVE count shows 0, which is correct, because there are no active reviews in progress.
I have not checked all the reviewers, but for a few checked it seems that the counts are still miscalculated. I'll try to check the database for this to see if I can deduce something from the original values, but so much for now...