OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Creating new email template for special submission ack

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Creating new email template for special submission ack

Postby JZief » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:41 pm

Hello Alec,

We have created a journal that will have only one author submitting to it and for this journal I would like the submission acknowledgement email which willl be sent automatically to be different than the standard submission ack email template. I think that creating a new email template would be the best approach, however, what code modifications will have to be made so that this new email template is sent just for submissions to this one journal while the standard submission-ack email will be sent for submissions to all other journals?

Thanks for your help,
Joel
JZief

Email Templates

Postby ramon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:19 pm

JZief,

I don't think you need to alter the source code.

If you're talking about version 2.x all you need to do is go as Journal Manager to the Administration > Email Templates and edit the text used for the specific email.

I believe other journals hosted will have their own configurations.
ramon

Postby katkade » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:32 pm

I would like to display the "Section Title" of the article in the SUBMISSION_ACK email. I am however not able to find out what is the template variable that is to be used to achieve this.

Could someone please help me with this.

thanks.
katkade

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi katkade,

The template variables are defined in the PHP code that calls the template; in this case, it's in classes/author/form/submit/AuthorSubmitStep5Form.inc.php around line 109:
Code: Select all
$mail->assignParams(array(
    'authorName' => $user->getFullName(),
    'authorUsername' => $user->getUsername(),
    'editorialContactSignature' => $journal->getSetting('contactName') . "\n" . $journal->getTitle(),
    'submissionUrl' => Request::url(null, 'author', 'submission', $article->getArticleId())
));
Add an entry to the array as follows:
Code: Select all
    'sectionTitle' => $article->getSectionTitle(),
Then alter your email template to include the {$sectionTitle} variable as necessary.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support