OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Published articles still in review queue

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Published articles still in review queue

Postby mel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi,

Three articles are still in the review queue after publication.
If I delete or archive these articles, will they still appear in the published issue, or will they be automatically deleted from that?

Thank you.
mel
mel

Re: Published articles still in review queue

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi Mel,

How did you get these articles into the system -- through the normal submission process, the expedited submission process, XML import, or the QuickSubmit plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi Alec,

I don't remember for sure : either the normal submission process, or the expedited submission process- definitely not XML import, or the QuickSubmit plugin.

Mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Mel,

At the end of the Review page, have you recorded any editorial decision? If not, I'd suggest recording an "Accept" decision. This may move the submission into the archive.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:31 am

Hi Alec
It is getting worse.

I accepted the first editorial and it moved to the editing queue. I Scheduled for publication in archived v1,1. and that worked out fine

I accepted the second editorial and it moved to the editing queue. I Scheduled for publication in archived v1,2. I did not "record the decision, but went to preview. I now have a second listing of that same editorial in the table of contents (with no "PDF" next to it) and i can't get back to the preview screen to delete it.

I am reluctant to mess with the third one.

mel

Back to square one:
I found the file "archived" which enabled me to go back to the table of contents preview. I deleted the copy that I didn't want, but it re-appeared in the editing queue.

Is there a way out of the mess that I made, or should I simply live with it until September when the next issue will be published and delete those two files after v1,2 is archived? At that point the appearance of the TOC page won't make that much difference.

Happy Easter,

Mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Mel,

Is it possible that you've submitted the same article twice? If you hover over each of the twin entries, looking at the URL (generally visible on the bottom of the browser window), do you have different URLs for each?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 am

That's it Alec.

Apparently this thread and the one about "duplicate PDF's" are the result of the same error.

Can I safely delete the second file (from archived?)
mel
mel

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi mel,

If you have two "PDF" links beside the same article listing, then deleting from the archive will delete both, along with the article they're attached to. If you have two entries for the article, complete with two listings of the title, then you have duplicate entries and can safely delete one without affecting the other.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Thank you, Alec.
mel
mel

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion