OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is there a way to add address information...

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Is there a way to add address information...

Postby PrincessFiona » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:15 pm

to the user table?

Also, do subscribers have to login to a specific area or do they just login to the regular area as authors?

Thanks in advance,

kris
PrincessFiona

Address Information

Postby ramon » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:30 am

Princess Fiona,

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you could be more specific it would be helpful.

However, if I understood what you meant, when the General Editor logs in the system (the first user created after installation), he/she needs to input the data about the journal in the 5 steps of the journal configuration.

There is an area to input data about the journal, the submission and review policies, as well as basic layout changes.

Regarding Subscriptions, I assume you´re using version 1.1.8, which makes users have to login in a specific area if they wish to view the subscription area. I assume the same login page will redirect them to that area, if they are allowed to.

Hope this helps
ramon

questions

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:56 am

I apologize for not expressing myself clearly...I can see how my questions may have been confusing.

I guess my questions are:

1. How can I add tables/information to my OJS so that when users register they must also provide their mailing address? I have searched through the administrative panel and have been unable to find this kind of a setting. Right now, the registration settings only include email address information. For individuals registering for a print issue there is no place to put the information.

2. I am only able to find one general login area at authorregister.php As the system is set up, a user must register as an 'author' and then has to be added as a subscriber manually in the administrative panel by me. How do users register as subscribers so that they can immediately access the articles?

I upgraded from version 1.16 to 1.18

My journal is here: http://www.mdfamilymag.com

Thankyou for your help.

Kris

hmmm

Postby PrincessFiona » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:11 am

I did find a notification.php file where people can sign up as 'readers' but this does not allow them to be subscribers. I would still have to manually change them over to be subscribers. In addition, there is also no field on this page to have the user provide address information.

Kris
PrincessFiona

Postby PrincessFiona » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:44 am

I know I'm talking to myself right now since I am responding quickly as I continue to browse through the code. I don't expect that anyone has had a chance to read this yet. 8)

What I am hoping to find is a registration page for subscribers similar to: admin/editors/subscribers.php which includes a place for subscribers to add their mailing address.

8)

kris
PrincessFiona

Postby kevin » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:17 pm

There is already a mailing address field in the users table, but for some reason an input field isn't present on the "Add Subscriber" form (I'm not sure why it was omitted, that code was contributed by a third-party). I'll fix it in the next release.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion