OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Need Submission Type in Papers Report

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Need Submission Type in Papers Report

Postby roball » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Thank you very much, Alec, for this ultra-fast back-port!
It is really great that OCS 2.3.6 will finally include this long-awaited feature.

I have updated my OCS 2.3.x installation to the latest version from Git (https://github.com/pkp/ocs/archive/ocs-stable-2_3.zip) and tested the Papers Report available from the Scheduled Conference's Stats & Reports section. The exported "report.csv" file now contains the additional columns "Session Type" and "Author comments" at the end. The "Author comments" column is fine, however the "Session Type" column does not include any actual content, unfortunately. So there needs to be some additional work done on this.

Thanks again!
roball

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi roball,

I just tested locally, and it works for me -- are you sure you have session types assigned to at least one of the submissions you see in the report? What is your language configuration -- multilingual, or single-language?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby roball » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Hello Alec,

I am absolutely sure that each submission has a Session Type assigned (either "Oral" or "Poster"). The Session Type is correctly displayed in the Director's submission lists (at eg. director/submissions/submissionsInReview).

The site is single-language. At index/index/admin/languages the only installed Locale is "English (en_US)". If you want, I can give you Conference Manager access to the site. Thank you for looking into this issue.
roball

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:59 am

Hi roball,

Hmm -- would you be able to share a database dump with me?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby roball » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:02 am

Alec, you should have received the db dump in your email inbox. Thanks for having a deeper look into that one!
roball

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:26 am

Hi roball,

Thanks, I've just tried that out -- and oddly enough it works for me.

I think what's probably happening is that the .zip file you downloaded from the github website doesn't have the most recent version of the lib/pkp submodule. I've updated the submodule hash that github uses to refer to a particular version and I suspect if you pull down a .zip of the ocs-stable-2_3 branch again it'll start working.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby roball » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 am

Indeed! I re-downloaded https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/archive/ ... le-2_3.zip and replaced the content within lib/pkp - and now it works :-) Thanks a million!
roball

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:47 am

Hi roball,

Great -- glad to hear it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support