OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to actually go through the built in peer review system

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to actually go through the built in peer review system

Postby Emil » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:20 am

We have our journal set up so that submissions are submitted somewhere else and when paper is accepted, the editors will submit it to the journal system. There is however one problem. I can't figure out how to finalize it. The paper is published at the site but it is still in the category "in editing" in the menus. I can't figure out what is missing.

Is there some list of minimal actions that one needs to go through every time somewhere? It is really quite a hassle to use the built in system which is why we use it as little as possible.

Here's how the workflow works: Image

So, basically, we only need the system in the last step, where the editor will submit the paper.
Emil

Re: How to actually go through the built in peer review syst

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Emil,

Have you tried the expedited submission process? If the submitting user has both an Author and an Editor role in the journal, the last step of submission will present a link that can be clicked to bypass the review/editorial workflow. The only required step will be to assign the submission to an issue for publication.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Emil » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am

Have you tried the expedited submission process? If the submitting user has both an Author and an Editor role in the journal, the last step of submission will present a link that can be clicked to bypass the review/editorial workflow. The only required step will be to assign the submission to an issue for publication.

I don't recall if I tried that for this paper. Where do I find it?

I forgot to include the picture of the paper that is stuck.

Emil

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:21 am

Hi Emil,

The "expedite" link is only available at the end of the submission process; once you're past that you need to go through the regular process.

Is the "2014" issue published? That should be the trigger that moves all the submissions out of the Editor's "In Editing" queue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion