OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

BACKUP AND RESTORE

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

BACKUP AND RESTORE

Postby ictadmin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi, i've backup my OJS files and database for the purpose of migrating to other hosting. So i've tried restoring it to my localhost and changed some configuration in the config.inc.php it seems that it successfully connected with database but i have some sort of problem with my images and some text that i customize in OJS it doesn't apper. can you help me with this.
ictadmin

Re: BACKUP AND RESTORE

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 am

Hi ictadmin,

Can you be more specific about what is and isn't working?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 pm

to be more specific. i put my own code inside the header.tpl for the slider but the images doest work in my localhost. and i also see some link are not displaying correctly i attach a photo for you to seee.
Attachments
ojs_localhost.jpg
This is what i am seeing when i login notice the ### in the link.
ojs_localhost.jpg (20.51 KiB) Viewed 211 times
ictadmin

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:14 am

Hi ictadmin,

I don't have enough information yet to help with the image problem.

As for the ##untranslated.locale.keys##, have you modified your locale files? If so, double-check that they validate using an XML validator. If there is an error in the file it may not be readable by OJS. The editor.issues.createIssue key, for example, is specified in locale/en_US/locale.xml (for English).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi asmencher,

i didn't modify and local files. is this problem brought by transferring the site? So this is not a showstopper or not so serious problem after all, its just in the localization because the link can not find it in the specified locale. Im trying to find in locale/en_US/locale.xml.
ictadmin

Return to OJS Technical Support