OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO!

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO!

Postby darryl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can I ask your help about our problem in OJS publication, cause we are encountered the Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO, when we go to the Setup-> Details. and also Setup-> Submission. Blank page.

Regards,
Darryl
Attachments
submission.png
http://iamure.com/publication/index.php/ijlpr/manager/setup/1: Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO!
submission.png (22.78 KiB) Viewed 578 times
DAO.png
http://iamure.com/publication/index.php/ijlpr/manager/setup/3 : Blank Page
DAO.png (26.84 KiB) Viewed 578 times
darryl

Re: Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO!

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 am

Hi Darryl,

OJS defines the location of CategoryDAO in the classes/core/Application.inc.php file, with a line like:

'CategoryDAO' => 'classes.journal.categories.CategoryDAO'

What version of OJS are you using? How did you install it? Can you make sure that the line I pasted above is present?

regards.
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby darryl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:18 am

JasonNugent wrote:Hi Darryl,

OJS defines the location of CategoryDAO in the classes/core/Application.inc.php file, with a line like:

'CategoryDAO' => 'classes.journal.categories.CategoryDAO'

What version of OJS are you using? How did you install it? Can you make sure that the line I pasted above is present?

regards.
Jason

Good Day,

I checked the classes/core/Application.inc.ph the 'CategoryDAO' => 'classes.journal.categories.CategoryDAO' is not present, I tried to input the code but the result is a Blank Page and all page of OJS the same output.

the version of our ojs, is Open Journal Systems 2.3.7.0; I installed this in Localhost first then I uploaded the OJS through FTP. my OJS installed in august 2012. that's why our ojs it's not updated.

Can you help to fix on this?

regards,'
darryl
darryl

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:25 am

Hi darryl,

I think you're missing something, or else not everything has been transferred. I have a local install of OJS 2.3.7 here and my classes/core/Application.inc.php file contains the necessary line for CategoryDAO in the getDAOMap() method.

When you installed it on your localhost, did it work there?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby darryl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:24 pm

JasonNugent wrote:Hi darryl,

I think you're missing something, or else not everything has been transferred. I have a local install of OJS 2.3.7 here and my classes/core/Application.inc.php file contains the necessary line for CategoryDAO in the getDAOMap() method.

When you installed it on your localhost, did it work there?

Regards,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes.it's work in my localhost, I didn't encounter like this error.. what do you mean in getDAOMap() method?

regards,
Darryl
darryl

Postby darryl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Anyone to help on this problem?

Cause I tried a lot ways to fix this problem. I tried to replace the core and manager folder to the new version, but the result is all publication will be Blank page,. But when I tried to replace the same version of the ojs, the result is link page blank to Details and Submission.

sorry but i want to solved this problem with your help,.

regards,
Darryl
darryl

Postby darryl » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi to the Technical Support,

Can I ask your help about this problem?.

regards,
Darryl
darryl

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:33 am

Hi Darryl,

What are you replacing? If it works on your localhost machine, but not on your server, then something didn't transfer correctly. The getDAOMap() method I am talking about is a function defined in the file: core/classes/Application.inc.php

If you start replacing files with other files from different versions or adding lines of code, you're going to break your installation more than it currently is.

Can you try a completely fresh installation on the server itself?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby darryl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:52 pm

JasonNugent wrote:Hi Darryl,

What are you replacing? If it works on your localhost machine, but not on your server, then something didn't transfer correctly. The getDAOMap() method I am talking about is a function defined in the file: core/classes/Application.inc.php

If you start replacing files with other files from different versions or adding lines of code, you're going to break your installation more than it currently is.

Can you try a completely fresh installation on the server itself?

Regards,
Jason

Hi jason,

I get back to the old version that I used, so the Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO! is going backn again.

regards,
darryl
darryl

Postby darryl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm

How can I fix on this? cause last 2011 I installed this to my localhost and the OJS is okay, When I Uploaded this to our server the OJS is doing right and I always added the new journals here,. but when the Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO! view in our site, I go the forum to asked a help about this problem. We tried a lot of ideas to solve but the problem is always error.

now, I get back the old files in our server but the Unrecognized DAO CategoryDAO! is always an error.

regards,
darryl
darryl

Postby darryl » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi I solve this Issue in my on experiment, I never upgrade my OJS 2.3.7 and never do the patch but I tried.;

Here is the Step:

1.Download or Zip your file in your Server and Download also your database.
2. Extract the zip file to your localhost and setup the DB.
3. then check your OJS if the error still their.
4. delete the error_log/ delete error_log in server in you ojs page.
5. check the ojs , then go to error in setup 1 and setup 3 , you can see the error not a blank page.
6. If you have a OJS file backup , then copy the same file and replace it.
7. final, you got it.

it depend upon you, where you do this part.

In this Steps that I do is based on my experience, Actually I give up on this problem, i tried a lot patch but not effect.

-regards to all
Darryl
darryl

Return to OJS Technical Support