OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Plugin "Books for Review" - Cover Page: Image

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Plugin "Books for Review" - Cover Page: Image

Postby kain » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 am

I am new here and hope this is the right place to ask:

If there are several languages installed, there is a problem in the plugin "Books for Review":
Any image uploaded for the Cover Page is only visible in the actual language, why that?

Readers in foreign language even need more the cover of the books, I think...
Or is there a possibility to manage that?

Thank you in advance.

Kai
kain

Re: Plugin "Books for Review" - Cover Page: Image

Postby michael » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

Hi Kai,

You should be able to enter book details and cover image in multiple languages (as per the screenshot).

The info/image displayed will then depend on the language set by each reader.

Have you enabled the multi-language settings under Journal Management => Languages?

Cheers,
Michael
Attachments
bfr_edit.png
bfr_edit.png (18.67 KiB) Viewed 698 times
michael

Postby kain » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, Michael,

yes I have several languages which is necessary for the multilingual readers.

So if I have e.g. an English book to be reviewed, there is only one cover of the book,
I do not unterstand why the plugin wants me to upload the same cover jpg several times.
Is this a misunderstanding?

Another little question:
The upper link "Books for review" is translated in every installed language, but in Portuguese, instead:
##PLUGINS.GENERIC.BOOKSFORREVIEW.HEADERLINK##

In the plugin folder, I found only localizations for emails, do you have an idea perhaps where to change that bug?

Thank you again in advance!
Kai
kain

Postby michael » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi Kai,

kain wrote: So if I have e.g. an English book to be reviewed, there is only one cover of the book,
I do not unterstand why the plugin wants me to upload the same cover jpg several times.
Is this a misunderstanding?

You're right, this is somewhat redundant since translated books will be published separately and have distinct metadata (in addition to a different cover). However, you can enter language-specific alternate text for each cover even if you'll be using the same image across languages.

kain wrote:Another little question:
The upper link "Books for review" is translated in every installed language, but in Portuguese, instead:
##PLUGINS.GENERIC.BOOKSFORREVIEW.HEADERLINK##

In the plugin folder, I found only localizations for emails, do you have an idea perhaps where to change that bug?

The plugin locale keys are located in plugins/generic/booksForReview/locale/en_US/locale.xml

To support Portuguese (pt_BR), please ensure that all of the keys in the above file are translated and available in plugins/generic/booksForReview/locale/pt_BR/locale.xml

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby kain » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:56 am

Thank you Michael.
I would propose the solution like in a text: if there are alternative language texts, they are shown, if not, readers see the original language text. This would be a good solution for images, too, don't you think?

And thanks again for the help with the plugin in Portuguese!
Best wishes,
Kai
kain

Return to Plugin Gallery