OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Plugin "Books for Review" - Cover Page: Image

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Plugin "Books for Review" - Cover Page: Image

Postby kain » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 am

I am new here and hope this is the right place to ask:

If there are several languages installed, there is a problem in the plugin "Books for Review":
Any image uploaded for the Cover Page is only visible in the actual language, why that?

Readers in foreign language even need more the cover of the books, I think...
Or is there a possibility to manage that?

Thank you in advance.

Kai
kain

Re: Plugin "Books for Review" - Cover Page: Image

Postby michael » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

Hi Kai,

You should be able to enter book details and cover image in multiple languages (as per the screenshot).

The info/image displayed will then depend on the language set by each reader.

Have you enabled the multi-language settings under Journal Management => Languages?

Cheers,
Michael
Attachments
bfr_edit.png
bfr_edit.png (18.67 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
michael

Postby kain » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, Michael,

yes I have several languages which is necessary for the multilingual readers.

So if I have e.g. an English book to be reviewed, there is only one cover of the book,
I do not unterstand why the plugin wants me to upload the same cover jpg several times.
Is this a misunderstanding?

Another little question:
The upper link "Books for review" is translated in every installed language, but in Portuguese, instead:
##PLUGINS.GENERIC.BOOKSFORREVIEW.HEADERLINK##

In the plugin folder, I found only localizations for emails, do you have an idea perhaps where to change that bug?

Thank you again in advance!
Kai
kain

Postby michael » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi Kai,

kain wrote: So if I have e.g. an English book to be reviewed, there is only one cover of the book,
I do not unterstand why the plugin wants me to upload the same cover jpg several times.
Is this a misunderstanding?

You're right, this is somewhat redundant since translated books will be published separately and have distinct metadata (in addition to a different cover). However, you can enter language-specific alternate text for each cover even if you'll be using the same image across languages.

kain wrote:Another little question:
The upper link "Books for review" is translated in every installed language, but in Portuguese, instead:
##PLUGINS.GENERIC.BOOKSFORREVIEW.HEADERLINK##

In the plugin folder, I found only localizations for emails, do you have an idea perhaps where to change that bug?

The plugin locale keys are located in plugins/generic/booksForReview/locale/en_US/locale.xml

To support Portuguese (pt_BR), please ensure that all of the keys in the above file are translated and available in plugins/generic/booksForReview/locale/pt_BR/locale.xml

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby kain » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:56 am

Thank you Michael.
I would propose the solution like in a text: if there are alternative language texts, they are shown, if not, readers see the original language text. This would be a good solution for images, too, don't you think?

And thanks again for the help with the plugin in Portuguese!
Best wishes,
Kai
kain

Return to Plugin Gallery