OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Display DOI on abstract view of articles

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Re: Display DOI on abstract view of articles

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

Hi solty,

Depending on your workflow, citations may not automatically be linked -- as you've described.

Previously, the suggested workflow was to use the Citation Markup Assistant tool, configured in Journal Setup. However, we're no longer supporting that and it may require a fair amount of extra work so I'd suggest a work-around while we're completing our new XML workflow.

I would suggest using something like the regular expression suggested here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4452 ... into-links

Applying that code to templates/article/article.tpl, where references are displayed:
Code: Select all
{iterate from=citationFactory item=citation}
     <p>{$citation->getRawCitation()|strip_unsafe_html}</p>
{/iterate}
...would look something like this...
Code: Select all
{iterate from=citationFactory item=citation}
     <p>{$citation->getRawCitation()|strip_unsafe_html|regex_replace:"/\b((https?):\/\/([-A-Z0-9+&@#\/%?=~_|!:,.;]*[-A-Z0-9+&@#\/%=~_|]*))\b/i":"<a href='$1' target='_blank'>$3</a>"}</p>
{/iterate}
Note that I have not tested this -- I've just taken the regular expression directly from the above link. Your mileage may vary.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby primozs » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi Alec,

If I understand correctly you are saying that you are no longer supporting the Citation markup Assistant tool and changing it with something new. Is my understanding correct? When do you expect the new tool will be ready?

Regards, Primož
primozs

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Primož,

We're working on a replacement that will make use of an automatic document transformation service, like what Lemon8-XML used to do, but with better results. The document parsing and transformation landscape has come a long way since Lemon8 and we hope a second try at this approach will get greater uptake.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby solty » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 am

Hi Alec,
I will try as soon as possbile.
Best,
solty

Previous

Return to OJS Development