OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Changing author email address

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Changing author email address

Postby sasutton » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:11 pm

We are still testing OJS prior to opening to registration so we currently have only handful of test people registered in the system. We are testing automatic email functions and in the process I deleted one of our email addresses for one of the test authors and and gave that author a new one. I then tried to use the test email address I just deleted in the process of registering a new test member. The registration system gives me an error saying that the email address is already in use. When I view all users, the offending email address is nowhere to be seen.

Stuart
sasutton

Postby asmecher » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi Stuart,

OJS stores author metadata and user metadata separately; this is because repeat authors may change their profiles over time, and this shouldn't change previously-published information. If you change the data that's part of an article's metadata, that won't affect the author's profile and vice versa. The Journal Manager can edit user profiles; try correcting the email address there.

Note that OJS requires each user profile to have a different email address, so if a user registers twice with two different emails and tries to change one email to the same address as the other account uses, they'll be denied. In this case I'd suggest using the Journal Manager's "Merge Accounts" feature to combine the two accounts into one.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support