OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

email templates

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

email templates

Postby mike » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:50 pm

Hello, I was working on a plugin for the OJS and got some questions. I have added in a new email template for the plugin, however, after testing it for a bit and I decided to change the template, the changes never show up again. Do I have to mannually change it in the journal management section? Because I'm assuming these templates are stored in the database and they will not get updated even if I change the XML file.

thx alot

Mike
mike

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi Mike,

The XML file is only read when a journal is created, which is when its contents are used as defaults for the database. I'd suggest modifying the mail template in the Journal Manager's page until you're happy with it; then modify the XML file to suit and test on a fresh journal.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby mike » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:47 pm

thx for the quick reply, hehe

1 more questions

If XML is read upon the creation of the OJS system, then does that mean any additional XML files I include in the plugins need to be installed at the installation of the OJS? Or is there a way I can load the XML files into the database.
mike

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:41 pm

Hi Mike,

Each different type of XML file in the system has different behaviors, so it depends on what you're trying to accomplish; locale files are re-read whenever they've been modified, email templates are read on journal installation, etc.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Development