OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How can I upgrade?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How can I upgrade?

Postby PrincessFiona » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:17 pm

I am using the version .15 and would like to upgrade. I tried just ftping the newest (.18) upgrade file into my journal and running it, but it couldn't create the tables.

What am I doing wrong?

kris
PrincessFiona

Postby kevin » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:23 pm

Basic upgrade instructions are in docs/README.
kevin

Postby PrincessFiona » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:18 am

I rearead what I wrote and I wasn't very clear about my description. I actually did do what was suggested in the readme file...upload the new version, keep my db.php, run the upgrade script. I just get the message that it can't create the tables.

I also tried simply doing a fresh install of the newest version and transferring in my database, but then I can't login. :?
PrincessFiona

oooh

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:50 am

Kevin,

Thankyou for your help. I actually went ahead and started over. I uninstalled my old version, reinstalled the backup and started from scratch and it worked.

Thanks again though for your prompt response!

kris

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion