OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OMP 1.1 - Site Setup - Can't upload title image

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

OMP 1.1 - Site Setup - Can't upload title image

Postby heidelberg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:14 am

Hello,

I installed a fresh copy of OMP (Version 1.1). No errors during installation and I can access the site and make my
settings. Unfortunately, I cannot upload a title image (logo.png) for the site.
I could upload the CSS - so this cannot be a permission problem.

This is the php error log:
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of ValidatorUrl::getRegexp() should be compatible with ValidatorUri::getRegexp($allowedSchemes = NULL) (/lib/pkp/classes/validation/ValidatorUrl.inc.php:19)
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of SettingsFileUploadForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/form/SettingsFileUploadForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of NewSiteImageFileForm::fetch() should be compatible with SettingsFileUploadForm::fetch($request, $params = NULL) (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/siteSetup/form/NewSiteImageFileForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of NewSiteImageFileForm::initData() should be compatible with Form::initData() (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/siteSetup/form/NewSiteImageFileForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of NewSiteImageFileForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute($object = NULL) (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/siteSetup/form/NewSiteImageFileForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php:347)
[06-Mar-2014 10:09:58 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context (/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php:547)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of ReportPlugin::manage() should be compatible with Plugin::manage($verb, $args, &$message, &$messageParams, &$pluginModalContent = NULL) (/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ReportPlugin.inc.php:181)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of PKPUsageStatsReportPlugin::display() should be compatible with ReportPlugin::display($args) (/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageStats/PKPUsageStatsReportPlugin.inc.php:19)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of PKPAcronPlugin::manage() should be compatible with GenericPlugin::manage($verb, $args, &$message, &$messageParams, &$pluginModalContent = NULL) (/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php:220)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of SettingsTabHandler::initialize() should be compatible with PKPHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) (/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/SettingsTabHandler.inc.php:20)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of ValidatorUrl::getRegexp() should be compatible with ValidatorUri::getRegexp($allowedSchemes = NULL) (/lib/pkp/classes/validation/ValidatorUrl.inc.php:19)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of SettingsFileUploadForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/form/SettingsFileUploadForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of NewSiteImageFileForm::fetch() should be compatible with SettingsFileUploadForm::fetch($request, $params = NULL) (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/siteSetup/form/NewSiteImageFileForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of NewSiteImageFileForm::initData() should be compatible with Form::initData() (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/siteSetup/form/NewSiteImageFileForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of NewSiteImageFileForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute($object = NULL) (/lib/pkp/controllers/tab/settings/siteSetup/form/NewSiteImageFileForm.inc.php:18)
[06-Mar-2014 10:10:06 Europe/Berlin] CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Declaration of TemporaryFileManager::readFile() should be compatible with FileManager::readFile($filePath, $output = false) (/lib/pkp/classes/file/TemporaryFileManager.inc.php:19)

It would be great if you could help!
Stefanie
heidelberg

Re: OMP 1.1 - Site Setup - Can't upload title image

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:19 am

Hi Stefanie,

I can upload a title logo on my test installation of OMP 1.1. I suspect that this may be a PHP version issue, or a PHP settings issue. Can you tell me what PHP version you are using, and what the setting for 'error_reporting' is in your server's PHP ini file?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby heidelberg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Jason,

apparently we did run OMP Version 1.0 on the same server, too and I do not have any upload issues on OMP 1.0.
We are using PHP 5.5.9 and error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE

But what about the php errors from the log? Does that not indicate that it is an OMP issue?

Best wishes
Stefanie
heidelberg

Postby heidelberg » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:42 am

Hi Jason,

as I have not heard from you: could it be that OMP 1.1 is not compatible with PHP 5.5.9?

I would be very grateful if you could let me know,
Stefanie
heidelberg

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Stefanie,

My apologies for not getting back to you -- right now I am attending a developer sprint in Vancouver and my time is a bit limited for OMP until Friday of this week. I haven't tested OMP 1.1 with PHP 5.5 so I can't answer your question right away. I can test this later in the week. If you want to experiment a bit yourself, try downgrading PHP to an older version. I can confirm that it does work with at least PHP 5.3.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby heidelberg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:27 am

Hi Jason,

I have tried a few things now (we build our php from source):

OMP 1.0 with php 5.5.9 --> Image file upload is working
OMP 1.1 with php 5.5.9 --> Image file upload is NOT working
OMP 1.1 with php PHP 5.3.28 --> Image file upload is NOT working

For all 3 variantions I could upload css-Stylesheets.

-------

Then I tried to upgrade OMP 1.0 (php 5.5.9) and I get the following warning
error.png
error.png (18.56 KiB) Viewed 2044 times

I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 / Firefox 27.0.1

Then I fixed the binary updates.
Up to the point:
Binary files omp-1.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/images/overlay.gif and omp-1.1.0/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/images/overlay.gif differ
Binary files omp-1.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/images/side.png and omp-1.1.0/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/images/side.png differ

In the OMP 1.1 tar-file there is no pqp directory.

So with the upgraded version I cannot upload anything because I do not get the file uploader in Firefox.
When using a Windows PC I will get the option to upload files but with the error (js popup) "No file uploaded or invalid file type!"
And this is the error I started with in my first post. Please see the log pho log messages.

Maybe this helps you to give me further instructions.

Thanks,
Stefanie
heidelberg

Postby heidelberg » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi Jason,

I do not want to be pushy - but we have a bit of time pressure here.
We need to get the system running, as we also want to do the German translation.

Are the any news why the file uploader does not work with images (jpg/png)?

Best wishes,
Stefanie
heidelberg

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Stefanie,

I'm only just getting back from our conference in Vancouver, and will start looking at your issue tomorrow. I still can't duplicate it myself -- I have no problems uploading images with OMP 1.1. I'm using PHP 5.3.1.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:54 am

Hi Stefanie,

I have done some testing and I can upload images in OMP 1.1 with recent versions of PHP without problem. The missing pqp library you noticed is fine -- we don't use it in 1.1 any more.

One thing we added in OMP 1.1 was the ability to have alternative text for images. It is a new field on the form when uploading an image. I realized that if you click "Add Files" and select your image, and then fill in the alternate text field, and then click "Ok", you will receive an error message because the file has not been uploaded yet. After you click "Add Files", you need to then click "Start Upload" first, and then click "Ok". If you don't, you will receive the error "Invalid file type".

This sounds obvious, but can you make sure that this is the method you are using to upload your images? I will keep testing in the hope that I can duplicate your problem. Your original post, the "caught exception" messages, are not the cause of this. Those are warnings and are not fatal errors.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby heidelberg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:52 am

Hi Jason,

thanks for your reply. The method you explained is exactly the way how I try to upload the file.
I press the button "Add Files", select the file, then I click "Start Update". Then it uploads the file. On the server I can
see that the timestamp has changed on the php Upload folder. I do not enter an alternate Text and then I click "Ok" and I receive the error.

If you could tell me in which files and on which lines I could put some debuggung messages then I could also try to find out what is going
wrong. Would that help?

Best wishes,
Stefanie
heidelberg

Postby Guilherme Ataíde Dias » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 am

I am also having trouble in uploading images (book covers - jpg).
I agree 100% with the previous post from heidelberg.

Everything goes fine, but the images just do not show up. It is not a permission problem. I also find NO mistakes in the errors log.

Below some info about my environment:

Web site URL: http://www.editora.ufpb.br/sistema/pres ... ress/login

OMP 1.1 (pt_BR)

PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze19
System Linux editora.polomultimidia.ufpb.br 2.6.32-5-xen-686 #1 SMP Fri May 10 12:17:56 UTC 2013 i686

GD Support enabled
GD Version 2.0
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.4.2
Attachments
upload.jpg
upload.jpg (237.91 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Guilherme Ataíde Dias

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 am

Hi Guilherme,

I think your issue is different -- you don't receive any error when you upload, although the image does not appear. In Stefanie's case, she receives an invalid file message.

I think that your particular problem may have something to do with the pt_BR locale issue you mentioned in a previous post. Can you check your Javascript console in your browser when you upload? If plupload isn't loading the correct pt_BR.js file, as you mentioned previously, that may be causing problems for you.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Guilherme,

Out of curiosity, do uploads work if you switch to a different locale, like english?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi Stefanie,

In the interest of speeding this along, would it be possible to get a shell account and access to the OMP installation with an admin account to see the problem? The file upload code is substantial, and I'd like to hurry this up for you.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby GidgetDigit » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:10 am

I am having the exact similar issue as described above... (and feel similarly pressured to get this fixed as we'd like to launch with our first book this week.) I have installed OMP 1.1 and do not seem to have any problems on the installation, nor with permissions, and have even begun manuscript uploading, but I cannot upload an image file for the logo, always getting the same pop-up window as described "No file uploaded or invalid file type" (and yes, of course, I am 'starting upload' before clicking 'ok'.)

We are using PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze19 (and I can't give ya ssh access to look around, but possibly other access to admin to see the issue --via pm-- we're at http://thoughtcrimespress.org)

thanks for any info!
best,
pj
GidgetDigit

Next

Return to OMP Technical Support