OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

History function not working

Are you a Director, Presenter, Reviewer or Conference Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OCS from an everyday user's perspective: conference managers, presenters, and directors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OCS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OCS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OCS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OCS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OCS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

History function not working

Postby mlm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 am

My event log and email log are not working for our current event, though they have worked for previous events, logging every email or action involving an abstract. For our 2014 event, nothing is showing up. People have accessed their abstracts, yet the event log remains blank. I need this to work for the track directors.

Is this something I could have inadvertently turned off? I opened our 2013 event, edited one of the presentations and checked the history. That event log shows that I accessed that presentation today.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.
mlm

Re: History function not working

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 am

Hi mlm,

You mention the event and email logs, but your example is the view count -- can you clarify? Are both not behaving as expected, or just the view count?

The view count may not be increasing based on your own testing because you have an editorial role in the conference; those may be excluded from counts.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mlm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 am

Hi Aleck,

For our 2014 event, both the event log and the email log for all abstracts show "no log entries". Yet the abstracts have been viewed and edited multiple times, and emails have been sent between track directors and authors.

It worked fine for our event last year, which makes me wonder if there might be something I could have done to turn off the event- and email-log system.
mlm

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:35 am

Hi mlm,

Check "Website Management", page 5.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mlm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:37 am

D'oh!

Thank you - I knew it would be something simple!
mlm

Return to OCS Conference Support and Discussion