OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access / on this ser

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access / on this ser

Postby Albert » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Hello There,
I started installing OJS 2.4.3 Stable version and I got this error when I start the setup process.
I checked the permissions conditions stated in the Readme file.
Regards,
Albert
Albert

Re: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access / on this

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:20 am

Hi Albert,

Can you see any of the OJS pages at all? That sort of error may be Apache, not OJS. Check your web server error logs for details (you may need to open up a Directory directive in Apache's config).

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Albert » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Hello,
No way, the servers am installing OJS 2.4.3 stable have any problem. Impossible! I can tell you that am installing it in two different server providers and in both I am having the same problem. I checked that I applied all the permissions established in the Readme file. I believe that to fix the error we need to look into something different but not the servers setup. This is the first time that I have this error while installing OJS for the first time. Have you installed OJS 2.4.3 already?
Regards,
Albert
Albert

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 am

Hi Albert,

I am one of the OJS developers so I have installed 2.4.3 many times, and it was tested quite a lot before it was released, so I am quite confident that it is not an OJS problem. "Forbidden" messages are usually the result of an Apache configuration problem. Have you looked in your error logs?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Albert » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 am

Hello,
Thank you so much for your advice. Yes, the problem was fixed. The subdomain had a double folder with the second one completely empty. After deleting that second folder the setup process started as usual.
Thank you so much!
The Forum should add a thank you button beside your user name that we can click on to add you thank you credits.
Regards,
Albert
Albert

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:10 am

Hi Albert,

Excellent -- glad to hear that things are working out for you.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support