OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Ojs_old.article_files and OJS2.4.3.article_files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Ojs_old.article_files and OJS2.4.3.article_files

Postby najma » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:29 am

Dear All,

Apologize if this topic already discussion before.
I'm new comer in installing OJS. I Have Old Ojs (sorry i dont know the version, its been used since 2011). because we have to migration all organization application to single server, including the OJS.

OJS 2.4.3 successfully installed in new server ( using apache n php 5.4 ), i try to migration the data from old OJS to the new one. but there are some different table n field between them.
in old version has article_file.type (varchar 40), the new one has article_file.file_stage (bigint 20).
the error appear because the new one try to find value in article_file.file_stage

please give me suggestion Master.

Big thanks
~Najma
najma

Re: Ojs_old.article_files and OJS2.4.3.article_files

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:15 am

Hi Najma,

To migrate between two OJS versions you will need to follow the steps outlined in the docs/UPGRADE file that came with your OJS download. There is a process that you will need to go through in order to upgrade your database structure to the version you are now running. Simply copying the database from the old version to the new one will not work.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support