OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Multiple Review Form

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Multiple Review Form

Postby ictadmin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi,

We have created 2 review forms one is for internal use only of our reviewers and is private and not view-able by authors. The other one review form is visible to the author. So i managed to assigned one review form which is for is the internal review form and there is no problem for reviewers. the other one which is for the authors to see which i can't do. how can i put multiple review form for the reviewer?

Cheers,
Noel
ictadmin

Re: Multiple Review Form

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Noel,

Are you trying to assign two forms to the same review? You can't do that -- but when you create the form, you can choose which fields to show to the author; if you combine the two forms and choose which fields the author should see, you should be able to accomplish effectively the same thing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi asmecher,

Thanks for your response. I just remember that i can set the field to be (Included in message to author) in my review form. Just one last question how can i send the reviewed form to the author?

Thanks,
Noel
ictadmin

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Noel,

When composing the review response email there should be an "Import Peer Reviews" button; this should import the form results into the email (only including the form elements you configured as readable by the author).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:48 am

Hi asmecher,

Thanks again i already done it. Just one last question how can the author see the reviewed form in the OJS as a baloon symbol or a button once he/she logged in?

Thanks,
Noel
ictadmin

Postby ictadmin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:13 am

I've seen it already as an author but in text based. can the we see it in a form based so the author can see the radio button, text boxes etc. just what the review can see. so that it is visually presentable to the authors?
ictadmin

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Noel,

No, that's not currently available, unfortunately. All reviews are mediated via the editor's email to the author.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ictadmin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 am

Hi asmecher,

I guess i need to edit css and html for that. Can i know where is the location of the file related to the design and structure for the authors review form view? im having a hard time customizing OJS since it using smarty php engine. May i ask if you have plans in the future to improve the interface of OJS. just to share my progress on our OJS here's our website http://steps.cpsctech.org/.

Thanks,
Noel
ictadmin

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Noel,

The review form views are implemented in templates/submission/reviewForm; the administration part of it (to create and edit review forms) is in templates/manager/reviewForms. The PHP side of this is in lib/pkp/classes/reviewForm, classes/submission/form, and classes/manager/form. Smarty has worked pretty well for us; OJS 3.0 will have a much more modern user interface, but still using Smarty as its basis.

The code that extracts review form contents for presentation to the Author is in classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php in the emailEditorDecisionComment function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion