OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Linking html file with css file

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Linking html file with css file

Postby ShirleyZhou » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi bros,

I set the format of my journal with InDesign and export the corresponding html file and css file. Then I upload the two files in the Layout Galley. But what is displayed on the website is plain text and I think the html file is not linked to the css file correctly.

Shall I change the link tag in the html to the system generated css file name? Or the system can link these two files automatically? What can I do to make the paper's webpage display in format?

Best,
Shirley
ShirleyZhou

Re: Linking html file with css file

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Shirley,

Are you able to upload your stylesheet specifically as a CSS stylesheet under your HTML galley? Is there a place there to upload HTML images as well? If not, then probably your HTML is not being correctly detected as HTML. Search the forum for "MIME type detection" and you'll find some threads about how to tackle this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ShirleyZhou » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Alec,

Yes, there is a place to upload images and there is no problem to display images on the webpage. It is just that the contents in html file are displayed as plain text.

Thank you!

Shirley
ShirleyZhou

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Shirley,

Could you attach a screenshot of the article view?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ShirleyZhou » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Alec,

Here is the screenshot of the paper and the galley uploading page.
[img]file:////Users/xuan/Desktop/1.png[/img]
[img]file:////Users/xuan/Desktop/2.png[/img]
ShirleyZhou

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi Shirley,

Those are local URLs to your machine so I can't see them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion