OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Ensuring blind reviewing

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Ensuring blind reviewing

Postby stefan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 am

Hi,

We have our first rejection and I want to make sure that the reviewers are anonymous. I guess I left the option on "blind", but is there a way to check this? The information on whether a review was assigned "double blind", "blind" or "open" seems to be not available.

Also, if I check "ensure blind" in the overall press settings, does this mean that reviews that were initiated earlier are definitely blind as well?

Thanks

Stefan
stefan

Re: Ensuring blind reviewing

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Stefan,

The "Ensuring a Blind Review" option just adds a link to an informational page on the submission upload form; it doesn't affect the style of review.

The only place to set the review style is upon assigning the reviewer. The form default will always be "blind". You can check/alter existing reviews in the DB by looking at the review_method column of the review_assignments table -- it'll be 1 (blind), 2 (double-blind), or 3 (open).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby juans » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 am

We have noticed the same issue. The review its set with double review, I checked that the column has the value "2", and the reviewer can see the authors name in the first column fo the grid in the submissions page. Is there a way to change this behaviour, and render the grid without the author's name?

Thank you
juans

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 am

Hi Juans,

Ah -- that's a pretty important oversight on our part. I've filed this as a bug and will fix it shortly; watch for a patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8568.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby juans » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:24 am

it works pretty well,
Thank you Alec
juans

Return to OMP Technical Support