OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PAYPAL AND OJS

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: PAYPAL AND OJS

Postby michael » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi PiccolaImpresa,

Unfortunately I'm still not sure why your installation and setup is not working.

If you like, I can troubleshoot this issue directly on your server, but this would be via PKP's paid services, which help and support our software development.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby PiccolaImpresa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Sorry, but how cost this service ?

I seen some pages in link that you have sent me but I don't understand

Can you give me a precise amount ? max ?
PiccolaImpresa

Postby slavash » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello! The same problem have arose last week immediately after the beginning of deal with russian currency (rouble). Error log contains no error messages, transactions in paypal account have "completed" status, ipn messages return back to paypal with "200" code, but payments in OJS remain incomplete. Turning off verifying of paypal certificate (via curl) result in temporary effect. Now the problem returned.
slavash

Postby PiccolaImpresa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Please, I don't understand very well.

How have you resolve or fix the problem ?

Have you easy "disattivate INP notifiction" in IPN profile ? definitely or temporarily ? For many hours or day ?

Thank Thank Thank Thank Thank Thank Thank Thank you very much !!!
PiccolaImpresa

Postby slavash » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:45 am

Our troubles have been accompanied with «Unusual Paypal Activity» emails.
Thus, we tried to fix the problem like described here: viewtopic.php?t=8356&f=3#p32736 .
Directly from the course we have failed to use the proper fix and have decided as a temporary to use easy fix.
Immediately transactions have begun completed properly in both PayPal and OJS sides.
A little later (about an hour) problem arose again, but now verifying of any peer certifcates is already turned off!!!
So far we do not know what to do, think...
slavash

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 am

Hi slavash,

There are several cases in which the "unusual activity" email can be triggered -- it's basically triggered whenever the plugin isn't sure what to do. The contents of the email will indicate which case was encountered.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby michael » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35 pm

PiccolaImpresa wrote:Sorry, but how cost this service ?

I seen some pages in link that you have sent me but I don't understand

Can you give me a precise amount ? max ?

Hi PiccolaImpresa,

As a first step, please fill out the PKP Publishing Services contact form, which will initiate the process on our end and enter your request into our ticket system. Once this is completed, we can provide you with a quote and estimate based on how much assistance you require and your budget.

Please find some examples of custom support services and related costs here.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support