OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to sort submissions by PeerReview round?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to sort submissions by PeerReview round?

Postby primozs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello,

The editor would like to sort or group submissions by PeerReview round. That is to see which submissions are in the review round 1, which in 2 and so on. Any idea, how to do that?
I am not experienced in the PHP programming, so I have no glue how to do it. Is it possible to accomplish that without any programming?
The options I think should be "cheap" to implement are:
- add review round column in the editors submission list and sort by it, or
- add option review round in the search dropdown box and search on it (on the same page, where you have an option to search by ID, Title, Author,...)

Can you please let me know your opinion? Well, even better if you any idea how to fulfill editors wish?

Regards, Primož
primozs

Re: How to sort submissions by PeerReview round?

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Primož,

Either option you suggest is a possibility, but both will require some PHP and SQL expertise, unfortunately.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby primozs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you for fast reply. If both options are similar from the development, I would prefer the first with the additional column you can sort by.
Can you please at least point how to implement it? Which class implements the list and which creates the SQL statement to get the data?

Regards, Primož
primozs

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Primož,

See classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorSubmissionDAO.inc.php and classes/submission/editor/EditorSubmissionDAO, particularly the _getUnfilteredSectionEditorSubmissions and _getUnfilteredEditorSubmissions functions (respectively). They in turn call the getSortMapping functions to map a sort heading onto a database column. On the front end, pages/sectionEditor/SectionEditorHandler.inc.php and pages/editor/EditorHandler.inc.php fetch the sort options from the request and pass them into the DAOs. The template files involved are templates/templates/sectionEditor/submissions*.tpl and templates/editor/submissions*.tpl.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion