OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submissions in Review / Title / ...

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Submissions in Review / Title / ...

Postby gdardick » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 pm

In relocating the OCS system to a new server with
MySQL 5.6.13
PHP 5.5.1
OCS 2.3.5.0
Win Svr 2008

the page for Submissions in Review now shows many of the article titles with one leading captal letter followed by three periods (I assume the titles over at least 39 characters).

Is there any way to get more than one letter for the title of large titles on that page?

(P.S. - I really did try to find this in the previous posts but could not find another example)
Last edited by gdardick on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gdardick

Re: Submissions in Review / Title / ...

Postby gdardick » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm

ok - looking at the code/template I was able to search again and find where the error lied. The following helped:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=6900

The following also helped
https://github.com/pkp/ocs/commit/4dc63b922355c16674d272ceb27540c31e3e2fe5

However - it only helped enough to understand the problem. I circumvented the issue by increasing the size from 40 to 160 (i.e. so it wouldn't truncate).

I assume, that migrating from one system to the newer system changed the way the truncate function might work - but don't know enough to say for sure.
gdardick

Re: Submissions in Review / Title / ...

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:23 am

Hi gdardick,

It's been a while since we released a version of OCS; one thing to try would be to take a more modern copy of the smartyTruncate function from the current master branch of PKPTemplateManager.inc.php (https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/blob/mas ... er.inc.php) and replace your implementation of smartyTruncate with this one. See lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php in your installation. It should be a drop-in replacement, but please back up that file before you make changes just in case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support