OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

create categories

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

create categories

Postby sheardln » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Our editor want submitters to select from one of four categories when they submit their manuscript. He then wants that category to be shown in the record for the article. The closest I have found is sections, which seems to do exactly what we want except for the name. Any suggestions on what I can do? Can I rename sections?
sheardln

Re: create categories

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi sheardln,

To rename sections, you'll need to modify the English-language text that comes with OJS. This is distributed in the form of several XML files -- look in locale/en_US and lib/pkp/locale/en_US for these files. (Make sure to change only the contents of the tags, not their names.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: create categories

Postby sheardln » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Cool! Worked like a charm, thanks! You have been very helpful in our implementation so far.
sheardln

Return to OJS Technical Support