OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Adding social media footers

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Adding social media footers

Postby stefan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:40 am

Hi,

I want to add twitter, google, ... to our footer. In the OJS support this topic is discussed and the answer is copy and paste, but this does not seem to work for OMP:

http://langsci-press.org

I have a follow link, but no button. I guess the JS code has to be called in the header. Can I do this somehow? There is a header field, but I am afraid of doing something there, since it mentions the header image and so on and I do not want to change this.

Best

Stefan
stefan

Re: Adding social media footers

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:27 am

Hi Stefan,

The follow button looks OK to me (though it does appear in two places) -- is it not working properly? Or were you expecting something different?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stefan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:05 am

hi,

Sorry, this was add block plus. Ehm, embarrassing.

Best

Stefan
stefan

Postby stefan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:08 am

Is there a way to get this button to the right hand side of the footer? When I enter something three fields open, these seem to be left, middle, and right, but when I enter something in the last field, nothing appears on the page.

Thanks

Stefan
stefan

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure which 3 fields you mean -- but generally the best way to align this right will be to pop some CSS into the mix.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby stefan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Alec,

The three fields are due to the three languages we use. In some areas the fact that such fields are there for multilingual information is marked by the language name and a little world icon. But for the input for the footer there is no such marking.

Best

Stefan
stefan

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Stefan,

Ah -- yes, I encountered this recently and filed it at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8541. We should fix it soon for the OMP 1.1 release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support