OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

can't save settings in the work-team section

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

can't save settings in the work-team section

Postby dsanchez » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Hello,

I just notice I can't save the settings in the Work Team (.../manager/groups).

What I want is to set by default the 2nd option, meaning that I want to name the functions from the people and that I want these functions to be listed under the "Editorial team" section in the magazine. But everytime I select the option in the 2nd radio button, it's not saved. :(

I'd love something like this:

http://www.revistaesalud.com/revistaesa ... torialTeam

But so far I just have

http://revistas.pucp.edu.pe/ojs/index.p ... torialTeam

Any ideas?

Thanks

David.
dsanchez

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi David,

Just to double-check -- when you choose the second option and press <Record>, what happens?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby dsanchez » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:56 pm

I did it, but it back to select the first option :?

Is there a way to set this throught the DB?...which table/field I would have to modify?

Thanks

David.

asmecher wrote:Hi David,

Just to double-check -- when you choose the second option and press <Record>, what happens?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
dsanchez

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi David,

Try this in the database:
Code: Select all
DELETE FROM journal_settings WHERE setting_name = 'boardEnabled' AND journal_id = <journal ID here>
INSERT INTO journal_settings (journal_id, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (<journal ID here>, 1, 'bool');
However, I'd be curious to find out why it's not working in the first place. What version of OJS are you using? Is it modified in any way?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby dsanchez » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:15 am

Hi Alec

We found out what was the problem. We had to set the two cache folders for the "Apache group", now is working fine.

Thanks for your quick answer! :)

David.

asmecher wrote:Hi David,

Try this in the database:
Code: Select all
DELETE FROM journal_settings WHERE setting_name = 'boardEnabled' AND journal_id = <journal ID here>
INSERT INTO journal_settings (journal_id, setting_name, setting_value, setting_type) VALUES (<journal ID here>, 1, 'bool');
However, I'd be curious to find out why it's not working in the first place. What version of OJS are you using? Is it modified in any way?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
dsanchez

Return to OJS Technical Support