OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Criteria for the papers to pass "in editing" stage

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Criteria for the papers to pass "in editing" stage

Postby jahathben » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 am

Hello everyone, I am new to OJS and I am a bit confused about the papers I have in the 'in editing' stage. I noticed that those papers in this stage were already published by the previous manager of this journal. How can I clear the papers off the "in editing" stage? I was of the impression that published papers automatically are removed from the "in editing" stage. Thanks for your anticipated help.
jahathben

Re: Criteria for the papers to pass "in editing" stage

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 am

Hi jahathben,

What version of OJS are you using? Submissions should indeed be clearing out of the Editing queue once they're published -- but depending on what workflow you're using and what version of OJS you're running, you may be encountering a bug in the submission status update.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jahathben » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks asmecher for your input. I am using OJS version 2.2.0.0. I actually got the papers out of the "in editing" stage although I used a rather crude method. I had to archive all the articles in that stage that were published which got the articles off the published volumes for a few minutes. This as well got the articles off the "in editing" list. Then I went back to the archive and got them out of the archive. Thankfully, they did not go back to the "in editing" stage but appeared again in the published volumes. I am still wondering why it was stuck there to start with lol. Thanks again, and I hope I can still depend on you if I have any future troubles. :)

asmecher wrote:Hi jahathben,

What version of OJS are you using? Submissions should indeed be clearing out of the Editing queue once they're published -- but depending on what workflow you're using and what version of OJS you're running, you may be encountering a bug in the submission status update.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
jahathben

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 am

Hi jahathben,

I'd suggest putting some effort into upgrading if you find you're having to debug several problems -- that's a very old version of OJS and lots of things have been fixed since then.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jahathben » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks, I will look into upgrading.
jahathben

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion