OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Disaster after 2.4.3 upgrade. All articles have mixed

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Disaster after 2.4.3 upgrade. All articles have mixed

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:24 am

Hi!
It's really a nightmare. We had problems with 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 upgrade. Them we have found the bug. After it when we have fixed it we were able to upgraded the system successfully.

But now it's a really disaster! All links for all articles are mixed!
We have many journals and the situation is the same for all of them except one of them! One have been filled after the upgrade and it's archive and current issue is working fine.

When we open the article it's title in browser window(top line), information about author and Article Tools Plugin is printing the corresponding information correctly. But the abstract, pdf and other data(starting with breadcrumbs) is from another article! And it's with every article!
Exploring the article's meta-data doesn't show at this moment any errors. It seems that it's fine.

I can't even imagine what will be done when the review process will be finished with other articles from different journals!
The whole institution is paralysed!

What can be done? How it could be fixed?
Need urgent help to fix this!

Update: A bit more investigation gave such results regarding all journals except one which is working. Opening any article from the any issue (it could be and archive) every times opens only one article in that journal's domain!
P.S. I've made a fresh install on localhost with 2.4.3 and 2.4.2 version, imported the working DB from our server and the situation is the same! So the problem is in the patched DB! Or in logic which handles this kind of information.
Garant

Re: Disaster after 2.4.3 upgrade. All articles have mixed

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:12 am

Hi Garant,

My first suggestion would be to get you back to a working 2.4.2 installation. Did you make a complete backup before you ran the 2.4.3 upgrade process? Can you roll back to 2.4.2? This will give you some breathing room and time to investigate.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:15 am

Hi Jason. I've the backup but this isn't a solution.
Because a lot of editors and reviewers since upgrade are working with authors. So rolling back to backed up DB will cancel all results :(
This bug must be fixed. I can provide all needed information or even grant an access to DB
Garant

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 am

Any help?
Garant

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 am

Hi Garant,

When you hit the original bug during upgrade, did you restart the upgrade process from 2.4.2 or did you continue onward with the semi-upgraded database?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what could have gone wrong. I'm looking through the 2.4.2 -> 2.4.3 upgrade code and there isn't anything that should have touched the identifiers associated with article galleys in that way.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:59 am

Hi Jason!
The IT admin have done everything with precaution: he have locked the web site, then tried to make the upgrade. When it failed he have rolled everything back.
When we have found and fixed the upgrade bug he has done it the same way. So there wasn't any semi-version situation.

you could check the behaviour of this bug. Only the Intellectual Economics works fine.
As I said I can provide the access to database for the developers/supporters.
Garant

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:27 am

Hi Garant,

It looks like there is some confusion between what OJS is considering a public ID for an article or a galley, and what's an actual numeric database id. Would it be possible to obtain a database dump (both pre- and post- upgrade)? This is probably the sort of thing that would be beneficial to debug locally. That way we can look for a problem without having to round-trip with your own installation.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:30 am

I've both dumps.
It is natural that post upgrade have more data, as it's working DB.
Where should I upload them?
I hope it will be secure?
Garant

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Garant,

The data will be secure. If you want to put them some place and give me a temporary FTP/SSH so I can download them, that works, or else share them with me via dropbox and I can delete them once I have them. jason.nugent@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:34 am

No problem Jason!
In couple of minutes I will send you a link to your email.
Thank you!
Garant

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:37 am

Sent
Garant

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Garant,

Okay, I have the databases you sent working on my local machine. Your new database, post-upgrade, appears to work fine against my checkout of OJS 2.4 (.3). All of the titles and abstracts appear to be correct from the article that is currently being viewed. I can provide you with a link into my local machine if you want to see.

Can you try clearing your object and template caches?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 am

Failing that, SSH into your own server would be very helpful.
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 am

HI Jason!
It's very strange! Cause I've installed locally two OJS versions where cache was empty.
On the server through the admin area I've cleaned the cache firstly.
It would be great if you could give me a try to look at it
Garant

Postby Garant » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:18 am

JasonNugent wrote:Failing that, SSH into your own server would be very helpful.

Sorry, what have failed? The database work or a link to your local machine?

And you need SSH to file system or access through phpMyAdmin to working DB?
Garant

Next

Return to OJS Technical Support