OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Adding a series editor to the catalog

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Adding a series editor to the catalog

Postby jpowell » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:10 am

In catalog management/series/manage series I am unable to get series editor's name to "stick". I can choose the person I wish from the dropdown menu but when I click Save it won't save. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Re: Adding a series editor to the catalog

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Judy,

Are you stuck with a spinner that never stops, or does everything appear to work until you revisit that page? Is there anything in the server's error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jpowell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Alec. Yes I am stuck with a spinner that never stops. I had someone check the server error logs for me and they came up with this
[Thu Oct 10 14:48:03 2013] [error] [client 10.40.135.195] omp: DB Error: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: “ ”, referrer: http:/136.159.200.88/omp/index.php/uofcpress/manageCatalog
Is that helpful?
Might this patch Bug #8240: Fix URL escaping for disable_path_info mode patch help with this problem?
Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Judy,

Hmm, no, that patch isn't related. The message you quoted looks like it came from the Apache log; can you request anything from the PHP error log, which is often a different file? The message you provided is useful, but only provides a little bit of the necessary information for debugging.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jpowell » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi, how about this from the error log?
[Mon Oct 28 09:52:31 2013] [error] [client 10.70.135.195] omp: DB Error: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "", referer:http://136.159.200.88/omp/index.php/uofcpress/manageCatalog

Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Postby jpowell » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Sorry, I just realized that is exactly the same code I gave you before. Hmm, I was sure this one was what you wanted as I had a programmer give me the error right away. There was nothing else before or after to confuse it with but I guess we're no further ahead.
I still can't add a series editor to the catalog - and that's the only way for the system to know what person's series a manuscript should be assigned to, right? As it says in the userguide - "Series Editors can access all of the submissions that are part of series to which they are assigned. They do not need to be explicitly assigned to the submission to have access, as long as the submission is in their series." http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/OMP_Us ... _.26_Roles

Thanks,
Judy
jpowell

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi Judy,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem locally, but it might be possible for me to diagnose the problem myself -- would you be able to send me temporary credentials to a Press Manager account? If so, please PM or email me with details.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jve » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:49 am

Hi Alec,

We are having the same issue. The installation is running on a postgresql db. I tried to activate the show_stacktrace in config.inc.php, but all I get is

[Fri Dec 06 13:42:42 2013] [error] [client 172.18.238.186] omp: DB Error: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "", referer: http://portia.statsbiblioteket.dk/index ... ageCatalog

Thanks,
Jakob
jve

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Jakob,

Try applying this change. (Patch file available here.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jve » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 am

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the suggestion but the problem remains after applying the patch.
However, adding a cast in getSeriesId - SeriesEditorsListBuilderHandler.inc.php fixes the problem.

diff --git a/controllers/listbuilder/settings/SeriesEditorsListbuilderHandler.inc.php b/controllers/listbuilder/settings/SeriesEditorsListbuilderHandler.inc
index 4cba3e2..f4522ee 100644
--- a/controllers/listbuilder/settings/SeriesEditorsListbuilderHandler.inc.php
+++ b/controllers/listbuilder/settings/SeriesEditorsListbuilderHandler.inc.php
@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@ class SeriesEditorsListbuilderHandler extends SetupListbuilderHandler {
* @return int
*/
function getSeriesId() {
- return $this->seriesId;
+ return (int) $this->seriesId;
}

/**

Thanks,
Jakob
jve

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Jakob,

The int casts should be done in the DAO classes, not the controller code; can you experiment a little (particularly with SeriesEditorsDAO) to find out where the int cast is missing?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby jve » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:16 am

Hi Alec,

I have not been able to find a suitable place to put the cast in SeriesEditorsDAO.

The call originates from controllers/listbuilder/settings/SeriesEditorsListbuilderHandler.inc.php in the initialize method.

The call to $this->setSeriesId($request->getUserVar(‘seriesId’)) gets an empty request as parameter and there by sets seriesId to null.

Thanks,
Jakob
jve

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:13 am

Hi Jakob,

Hmm, I'm not sure where the listbuilder handler would be getting invoked without a series ID being specified; that sounds like the problem to me. This code is responsible for managing assignments of series editors to series, and as such the series ID should always be available.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion