OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OHS doesn't harvest same archive on two different computers

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

OHS doesn't harvest same archive on two different computers

Postby singhkarki » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 am

hello Sir,
I have successfully harvested an archive using PKP harvester on one computer. When I harvest the same archive using PKP harvester on another system , it gives me Invalid Document End error.
Please tell me how can I harvest the same archive which has already been harvested ,on the second computer.

Thanks,

sincerely,

Vijay
singhkarki

Re: OHS doesn't harvest same archive on two different comput

Postby asmecher » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi Vijay,

Did you flush both archives before harvesting? If you do, it's likely that you'll encounter the same error in both places. In any case, it indicates an invalid character in the source XML; the best place to address that is at the source.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: OHS doesn't harvest same archive on two different comput

Postby singhkarki » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:18 am

Thanks Alec ,
i later realised that the same archive which i was harvesting on the other computer was actually updated, and now it had a character which the parser couldn't parse.That's why it didn't harvest.
Hence it gave me an invalid character data error. So what i did was, i ran a query on the source and got rid of the unwanted character.
This helped me in harvesting the archive on the second computer.
thanks for your reply.

sincerely,

Vijay
singhkarki

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development