OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Finished tasks still figure

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Finished tasks still figure

Postby nef » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:19 am

Hi
I wonder why all my tasks, although I've finished the workflow, still figure on my Dashboard page. Shouldn't they disappear when they are published?
tasks.gif
tasks.gif (21.36 KiB) Viewed 1098 times

Regards
Niels Erik
nef

Re: Finished tasks still figure

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 am

Hi Niels Erik,

There's certainly some fine-tuning we could do to the task system to improve it -- and we've already done some, which will be released in OMP 1.1 early this year. However, just to be sure I understand the cause: are these tasks that you specifically addressed (i.e. by assigning an editor), or did you bypass enough of the workflow that these tasks were never accomplished, expecting them to disappear when the submission was published?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nef » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:28 am

Hi Alec
I assigned an editor, bypassed the review part of the workflow but completed the other parts of the workflow. It's just a test site I'm running. In about a month or so we plan to setup a real press here at the State and University Library.
Regards
Niels Erik
nef

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am

Hi Niels Erik,

Thanks for the details; I've flagged this for verification at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8528. We're just about to enter the testing phase of OMP 1.1 so it should be checked fairly soon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support