OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

reading tools page not found error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

reading tools page not found error

Postby Krekels » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:41 am

Hello support team,

We installed th emost recent version of OJS en now I found out that if you have reading tools enabled and related items disabled something goes wrong. The page shows only reading tools in the rightframe as I wanted but if you click on a reading tool like "how to cite" the pop up screen delivers a 404 message "page not found". I solved the problem bij enabling related items.

Kind Regards,

Hubert Krekels
Krekels

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:05 am

Hi Hubert,

This is a known issue and has already been corrected in CVS. You can patch your installation with the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/ojs2/pages/rt/RTHandler.inc.php.diff?r1=1.36;r2=1.37.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

reading tools 404

Postby vaibhavkat » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:02 pm

I am using the latest release version of OJS, and I am still getting the 404 not found error when I click on the links for reading tools. Only Add comments option is working properly.

Do i still need the fix, or is it something else.

I have made some template and layout changes to the original page, but nothing that might disrupt the original variables or functions. Is there something missing?

thanks
vaibhavkat

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:20 pm

Hi vaibhavkat,

You'll still need the patch listed above. Use the --dry-run option for the patch tool before actually applying the patch; this will allow you to find out whether or not there will be any conflicts without actually modifying your installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby vaibhavkat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:14 am

Thanks a lot , i'll try it soon
vaibhavkat

Return to OJS Technical Support