OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Citation Extraction Services/Database Connectors

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Citation Extraction Services/Database Connectors

Postby aadilsi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 am

Anyone out there who has this issue and can kindly help please.
BW
--
Eddy
aadilsi

Postby aadilsi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 am

Hi Alec,
Upgraded the journal to 2.4.3 thinking it would solve this problem.
Still the same.
Still some issues with the Citation Markup Assistant (CMA)!
Editors are having to put citations manually in the CMA. But after those are done in the CMA window, they don't show up in the summary section, down in the metadata.
Moreover, citations put manually, while editing the metadata section, they don't show up in the CMA window.

We are preparing to get the journal indexed and would need to get this sorted out, if you could help please.
Best wishes.
--Eddy
aadilsi

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi Eddy,

I've spoken to our team internally about this. Our situation is that the developer who wrote the CMA is no longer with us, and we're in the process of replacing it with another service that's part of our longer-term XML transformation goals. In the meantime we're not going to be able to support it particularly well. We're aware that one of the CrossRef services that it relies upon has been deprecated, so it's possible you're hitting that situation. However, beyond the documentation that already exists for it (e.g. http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.3/sectionEditorReferences.html) nobody on the team is familiar with that aspect of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sqro » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:34 am

Hello brothers in despair ;) of citation extraction

I have spent some time watching apache error log file. I observed missing some of crucial packages of perl that made citation assistant stuck at the very beginning.
Despite the 2 packages declared explicitely in setup I have installed some more :

sudo apt-get install php5-curl ( i got some errors on the lack)
sudo apt-get install curl libcurl3 libcurl3-dev
wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/ ... .71.tar.gz
wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/ ... .20.tar.gz (required by above)

... and I got partial success - have a list of publications (not parsed yet) but at least OJS knows they are there.

Still in log there are messages:
"[Tue Feb 04 10:05:24 2014] [error] [client IP] NOTICE: Use of undefined constant LINK_ACTION_TYPE_GET - assumed 'LINK_ACTION_TYPE_GET' (/var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/citation/PKPCitationGridRow.inc.php:125), referer: http://hostIP/ojs/index.php/SI/editor/s ... tations/11 "

I hope it might help a little.

Looking forward to hear about any success
sqro

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support