OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to prevent sending review to the authors of the paper

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

How to prevent sending review to the authors of the paper

Postby msaghaei » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi Alec

I wonder if there is any way to automatically prevent the section editor from sending the review (intentionally or accidentally) to a user who is the author of the reviewing paper.

Regards,
Mahmood Saghaei
msaghaei

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:16 am

Hi Mahmood,

In order for the Author to see a review, the Editor must specifically make it available -- either by designating the review file as viewable by the author, or by including review comments in an email message to the author.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby msaghaei » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:44 am

Dear Alec

It seems that I have not been able to say what I mean. In fact I mean preventing from selecting as reviewer the authors of the paper.

Regards,
Mahmood Saghaei
msaghaei

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:01 am

Hi Mahmood,

I understand -- no, OJS doesn't prevent the editor from selecting the author of an article as its reviewer. I'll bring this up with the team and see if it would be worth checking automatically.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Problem with author seeing review

Postby rseidman » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi Alec: As Section Editor, I designate the reveiw file as viewable by the author and I also include review comments in an email message to the author.

But, the author still cannot see the review comments (although author can get the review file).

Hope you can help me out. Thanks. Bob Seidman
rseidman

Postby asmecher » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:29 am

Hi Bob,

What version of OJS are you using? With the current release, once you've sent your comments to the editor using the "Notify Author" email icon, the comments will be available to the author.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Still have the problem

Postby rseidman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:13 am

Hi Alec: Thanks. Yes, I am using 2.1.1.

Here's the situation.

Reviewer does review and posts text review and a review file.

As Section Editor, I can import the text reviews into the email that I send to the author telling about decision.

After that, when the author looks at the PEER REVIEW section: Author can see and get the review file posted by the reviewer. But, author cannot see the text that the reviewer submitted.

Author, looking at the EDITOR DECISION section: Author can see the text in the "Author Email Record" icon.

It's the author not seeing the review text in the PEER REVIEW section that's got me stumped. Previous manuscripts do show this feature.

Also, when a reviewer only posts a text review (and does not upload a review file) the reviewer is not able to record a decision. The item:

"6. Select a recommendation and submit the review to complete the process. You must enter a review or upload a file before selecting a recommendation."

is grayed out.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks. Bob
rseidman

Review Process

Postby ramon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:15 pm

Bob,

The reviewers have a comment boxes where they can make available their comments to authors and/or to editors.

Log in as a reviewer to view the process and if necessary add any content in the Reviewer Instructions or email templates regarding how the process should be conducted.
ramon

Postby rseidman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks, Ramon:

Apparently, in 2.1.1 the icon for text review is no longer available for the author to see. The authors gets the text review via email and can also see it in the Editor Decision section, email log. Of course, the author can see the review file if the editor allows.

Best wishes. Bob
rseidman

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:22 pm

Hi all,

That's correct -- the behavior of comment-based reviews changed in OJS 2.1.1 to favour a consolidated email containing all imported reviews, sent by the editor to the author, generally when an editor decision is recorded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Question about email to author on decision

Postby rseidman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi: When I click on the send to author icon, after making a Needs Revision decision, I get an automatically generated email with no body and only the manuscript title in the Subject field.

I'd like to add the journal name to the front of that field but I'm onlyl allowed to delete and not add anything to the Subject field.

Is there any way around this? I can't seem to find the Pepared Email file that handles this.

Thanks. Bob
rseidman

Return to OJS Development