OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Automatic assignment of submissions to a series editor

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Automatic assignment of submissions to a series editor

Postby stefan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:16 am

Hi,

Right now a new submission is not assigned to any series editor. We only allow for submissions in series, so it would be useful to assign submissions to the managing editor of the series rather than leaving the submission unassigned. Unassigned submissions involve labor of the press managers and we try to minimize this in order to establish a distributed model.

Is this possible? This also connects to an earlier post of mine in which I asked for ways to require submission in a series: one could have an OMP mode that says: "Series only" The respective switch would force authors to submit in a series and also assign automatically the editor after submission. If there are several editors of a series they can change the responsible editor themselves. Doe this make sense?

Best

Stefan
stefan

Re: Automatic assignment of submissions to a series editor

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 am

Hi Stefan,

It has been a while since I checked but I believe that submissions are now automatically assigned to an editor if there is only one editor in the system. That will be in the next release of OMP. It sounds like you'd want this slightly extended so a submission in a particular series gets assigned to the series editor for that series. Would that be correct?

Regards
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: Automatic assignment of submissions to a series editor

Postby stefan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Jason,

Yes, correct. We have series with two or three editors. So for these cases there should be a designated editor that gets all these messages. (sending it to all of them would be overkill, I guess, but some may prefer this, so that everybody is informed in case the main editor is terribly busy, so maybe this could be an option).

Best

Stefan
stefan

Return to OMP Technical Support