OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Localization bug for salutation?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Localization bug for salutation?

Postby primozs » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:06 am

Hello,

I am not sure it looks like a bug in the localization. My publication supports English and Slovene language. The problem is that it looks to me that the salutation of an user profile does not support localized values. E.g. the salutation for Bachelor of Science has to be in English B.Sc., while in Slovene dipl. ing. It looks like that is not supported. I can only specify one salutation that is the same for both languages.

Can you please let me know if my findings are correct?

Regards, Primož
primozs

Re: Localization bug for salutation?

Postby primozs » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 am

Hello,

I am sorry, but I am a bit disappointed. After 3 months still no response on this issue. Can please someone from the PKP project look at this and let me know:
- do you understand the point I wanted to explain
- is salutation supposed (from the code) to be "localizable" string
- I am thinking wrong way

Thanks, Primož
primozs

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Primož,

You are correct -- the salutation isn't currently localized. Converting it to a localized field isn't much work but it's not a high priority for us at the moment; if you like, please file a Bugzilla entry for it as a feature request and assign yourself to the entry. And of course we do welcome patches if you're handy with PHP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby primozs » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you for the answer. I understand it. I will file a Bugzilla entry for it.
As you might recall I am not handy with PHP, but I will try to find someone that is to fix it.

Thanks, Primož
primozs

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion