OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

User self-registration and roles in OCS

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

User self-registration and roles in OCS

Postby walkman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:18 pm

We want to disable the "reviewer" option in the user registration ("reader" and "author" is OK), but I can't find the option to do this. I've been able to find it in the OJS documentation, but there doesn't seem to be the ability to do this in OCS (and I couldn't find any forum postings on this either). Help?
walkman

Re: User self-registration and roles in OCS

Postby ramon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:29 am

Hello walkman,

OCS works a bit differently from OJS.
It uses a timeline where starting and end dates are defined for almost every step of the process, including registration, submissions, reviews, reviewer registration, and so on.
If memory serves, that's where you'll be able to prevent undesired registration in most roles.
ramon

Postby walkman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks ramon - I would not have expected to find it there. Got it done, though - much appreciated.
walkman

Postby pepalazzo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:59 am

Sorry to wake up a long-dead thread. I am still having trouble with this on OCS 2.3.5. I set up three different types of registration with the proper dates, but what a new user sees in the registration page is *only* a *fourth* registration type which I *did not* define anywhere, called "Reader". I supposed this must be hard-coded somewhere. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
pepalazzo

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:05 am

Hi pepalazzo,

What is the URL you're seeing the "Reader" checkbox on? I suspect you're looking at the "create an account" form, which is separate from the form you'd use to actually register for an event. In order to register for a specific event, you need an account in the system; the form to create an account includes a "Reader" role, which is different from a registration type.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support