OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Logging in creates loop to login page

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Logging in creates loop to login page

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi firomero,

Can you describe the problem you're encountering and which suggestions you tried?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Altieres » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi guys,
I have the same problem.
Loop to login page is happening with reviewers of my conference.
Any ideas??
My regards,
Altieres, São Paulo (Brazil)
Altieres

Postby GidgetDigit » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 am

Hello ...

We are having a similar issue as described above, and we are using OCS version 2.3.5 installed here: http://naasn2014.org ... Logging in creates an infinite loop back to the login page. It seems intermittent, occasionally, it will work, usually, it does not. (Perhaps a difference in whether one logs in from the sidebar block or the main login? Usually, difficult to replicate... can be some hours or days later and still loop at login.) It seems to be happening to all accounts, whether users or conference managers. I have set 'session_check_ip = Off' in the config.inc.php ... Would it help to see a scrubbed version of the whole config? What sort of info could I give you to help clarify what is causing this problem and help me to fix it as soon as possible? Is it happening because I didn't click "logout" on a previous session? Is there a workaround solution to this?

regards,
pj
GidgetDigit

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 am

Hi all,

Does your server use APC? If so, you may need to patch http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8151.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby firomero » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 am

asmecher wrote:Hi all,

Does your server use APC? If so, you may need to patch http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8151.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Issue SOLVED. thanks a lot, deactived APC
firomero

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support