OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Analysis of the database ojs 2.4.2

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Re: Analysis of the database ojs 2.4.2

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi DAFER,

I added some description to the schema file; see https://github.com/pkp/ojs/commit/216473ebd0d0d81cc9461b74b9785ef28f36d3c5.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 pm

I am reviewing the journal_settings entity which consists of attributes journal_id, locale, setting_name, setting_value and setting_type which contain the preferences of the manager and the default options settings regarding the magazine. I would like a little more extensive explanation of this entity.
Attachments
table.JPG
table.JPG (16.08 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi DAFER,

Your question covers the purpose of the journal_settings table pretty well -- it's used for journal setup options and some defaults that are installed upon journal creation. Is there something specific you'd like to know?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Greetings asmecher. Thanks for your previous answer which raitifica my view .

Right now I still have the analysis entities rt_contexts
,rt_searches and rt_versions, I have developed a hypothesis about the functioning of these three entities , I believe :
Entity rt_contexts: contains the context of the search
Entity rt_searches contains the search engines
Entity rt_versions: areas of the search
 I have doubts is whether these entities perform the function that I consider , and inwhichthe time these functions are activated, ie situation where this is done ?
Attachments
table.JPG
Tables
table.JPG (36.96 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi DAFER,

These store the database of various search engines used in the Reading Tools, which optionally appear as a sidebar on the reader's view of a submission. They represent the various resources listed in rt/en_US.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:12 pm

At this moment I analysand entities sections and section_settings, but I have no idea how the two entities. I would like an explanation on both entities. Greetings and thanks before hand :D
Attachments
table.JPG
Tables
table.JPG (31.34 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi DAFER,

Do you have a test copy of OJS to explore? If so, it'll make these entities pretty evident. Go to Journal Management > Journal Sections and explore creating and editing sections. If you have specific questions beyond that, post them here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:06 pm

I am analyzing the entities that are affected when sending an item is made, but I have doubts about the entity processes on notifications field as generated and the time_started field.

Also in the entity notifications I have doubts about level, type and assoc_type
Attachments
notifications.JPG
Table Notifications
notifications.JPG (18.08 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
processes.JPG
Table Processes
processes.JPG (14.41 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi DAFER,

The "assoc_type" / "assoc_id" pattern is used in many parts of the system. This permits entries in the notifications table to refer to other entities; assoc_type tells what kind of entity (and will have a value corresponding to one of the ASSOC_TYPE_... constants defined in PHP) and the assoc_id will contain the primary key value for the related entity.

The level column of the notifications table corresponds to NOTIFICATION_LEVEL_TRIVIAL, NOTIFICATION_LEVEL_NORMAL, or NOTIFICATION_LEVEL_TASK (defined in lib/pkp/classes/notification/PKPNotification.inc.php).

The processes table is used to track background processes, which are sometimes run to manage long-running tasks that are hidden from the user who may have started them (e.g. processing large numbers of citations). The time_started column indicates what time the process started at.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:05 pm

Saludos Asmecher.

I'm reviewing the entity signoffs, would like to know the functionality and referred to information that is stored in the attribute symbolic
Attachments
signoffs.JPG
Table signoffs
signoffs.JPG (58.16 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi DAFER,

The signoffs table tracks different users' approvals of files in various stages of the system. The "symbolic" column tells OJS what type of interaction the row refers to -- e.g. the Author's approval of the Proofreading process (SIGNOFF_PROOFREADING_AUTHOR).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:46 pm

greetings smecher

I find myself analyzing the entities article_search_object_keywords and article_search_objects

article_search_object_keywords this entity would like me to talk about the pos attribute, how it works.

Table1.JPG
article_search_object_keywords
Table1.JPG (35.09 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

article_search_objects would like to know about the type and attributes assoc_id.

Table2.JPG
article_search_objects
Table2.JPG (37.24 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

I appreciate your answers
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:41 am

Hi DAFER,

The "pos" column tracks the position of the indexed word in a particular field, e.g. article title. This allows multi-word searches to be matched exactly.

The "type" maps to one of the ARTICLE_SEARCH_... constants defined in classes/search/ArticleSearch.inc.php; in turn, when relevant, assoc_id maps to an external table to identify the item that was indexed (e.g. in the case of ARTICLE_SEARCH_GALLEY_FILE).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby DAFER » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:02 pm

On this occasion I would like you to tell me about status on the attributes which belong to entity articles and 789 belonging to the entity 098, status moment that changes state and the same for 789 .
Attachments
issues.current.jpg
Issues-Current
issues.current.jpg (50.29 KiB) Viewed 957 times
articles.status.jpg
Articles-Status
articles.status.jpg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 957 times
DAFER

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi DAFER,

In "issues", a single issue can be flagged "current" (=1) which will be the issue that the reader is taken to when clicking the "Current" link in the page header.

For articles, the "status" column will be one of the STATUS_... constants defined in classes/article/Article.inc.php: STATUS_ARCHIVED, STATUS_QUEUED, STATUS_PUBLISHED, STATUS_DECLINED.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Previous

Return to OJS Development