OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cannot get the Lucene plugin working

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Cannot get the Lucene plugin working

Postby amitg » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi,

I have checked the apache log and i find the error.

"NOTICE: Undefined index: article_id (.../../../plugins/generic/lucene/classes/SolrWebService.inc.php:436)"

Regards,
Babul
amitg

Postby amitg » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 am

Hi,

I have done now result is coming.

Thanks for your support

Regards,
Babul
amitg

Postby jerico » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:19 am

amitg wrote:Is there any proper documentation is available for this. If yes can you please provide me.

Not only for Amit but for whoever happens to read through this forum thread: The README file in the plugin folder contains a host of information as Bozana already pointed out. This is the main documentation for the plugin.

There is no special documentation for our internal index data schema as this would be highly technical and should usually be irrelevant to end users. But using solr's Schema Browser through the solr admin interface you can have a look at our schema and the documents in your index. You'll find a lot of documentation about Solr in General and the admin interface and schema browser in particular in the Solr Wiki, e.g. how to find out whether you have documents in your index and testing queries/ranking, etc.:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/

And here is a link to the solr reference guide:
http://searchhub.org/2013/01/22/lucenesolr-4-management-administrative-user-interface/ (latest solr 4.x)
and
http://lucidworks.lucidimagination.com/download/attachments/11927696/ApacheSolrRefGuide-v3.5.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1346103157000 (latest solr 3.x)

A few useful debugging techniques:
- If you enter the string "*:*" into the query interface in the solr admin you'll get all documents in the index.
- If you add "&echoParams=true&debugQuery=true" to any search URL you'll see exactly what happend inside solr, e.g. to optimize ranking or to find out which parameters have been used, etc.
jerico

Postby swing » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:30 am

Hi Babul,

I've forgotten to tell you to also change the journal ID in the direct search link I sent you. I am also not sure if you changed the installation ID as I told you -- I see those data in you response code... But however, does it work now and if so what have you done?

Thanks!
Bozana
swing

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support